Loulubelle: Tuesday Bakesday!

Tuesday 4 February 2014

Tuesday Bakesday!

So today I thought I would share with you a birthday cake that I made for one of my best friends birthday! We are fans of the enchanted, mythical and faerie world so I took inspiration from this. This has to be the most intricate cake that I have made to date and to complete... it took roughly 6 hours!

The cake itself is a madeira cake (i won't bore you with a recipe, I just took a simple one from a google search) and in the center is vanilla buttercream. I covered the cake in green fondant icing and used decoration tools to make the swirls across the cake.. looking like climbing ivy across a forest floor. Then I added sugar flowers across the cake and freeze-dried strawberries to look like tiny flowers. 

On top of that, I made three mushrooms with fondant icing and gave them cute faces. The baby .ushrrom was so small i painted on the face with food colouring. Then if you loom more into the cake you can see a catterpillar on top of a mushroom and a tiny ladybug on the forest floor. 

Finally i added three butterflies flying suspended from wire to add more illusion and depth to the cake.Oh and not to forget the edible glitter! For a bit of a magical touch :)

I loved decorating this cake, its full of things to look at any way you turn it and its like you can reach out and touch the fantasy.

I hope you enjoyed taking time looking at the cake. I can tell you... it went down a storm! Let me know if you'd love to see more baking adventures!


XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment