Loulubelle: Barry M - Sequin Effect Nails - White

Thursday 15 August 2013

Barry M - Sequin Effect Nails - White


I cannot tell you how excited I was to find this on the Barry M section in Boots yesterday. But I can 
tell you it's something inbetween seeing a tiny kitten for the first time and seeing a beautiful, hunky man... I don't know.
 It was somewhere between cute and OMG. And like a hunky man, I knew I HAD  to have it!  
So i Bought it. 


Firstly i think, yay it looks beautiful, I can't wait to wear it. Then looking  for the name of the product all it says is... wait for it... white. Okay, the name's quite boring. Can this lack of imagination be forgiven by the actual product?!

 Painting on the first coat, it goes on well, and there is a generous flow of sprinkles across the nail, but the colour, is quite sheer... and contains some sort of a gritty texture. Like sand. Or if any of you have tried any of Seventeen's 'Rock Hard Nails' varnishes, it feels like that, but grittier. If that makes any sense. I'm not a fan of gritty textures on my nails. Now, I decided to put another coat on top, and it made the effect pictured above. I'm not a huge fan, as it did leave that gritty texture, and the colour was uneven in places.  

Even through these bad points I still love the product! I do recommend to put a coat along with the same colour shade as a base coat underneath this varnish and using a couple of  top coats to kind of nullify the gritty texture. Gritty texture on nails for me, is just like chewing cotton wool. I think I have an aversion to it. And now I'm getting goosebumps thinking about it. I will definitely keep using this product, the colour is just too pretty not to, but I will experiment to get it perfect for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment