Loulubelle: Rimmel Metal Rush

Monday 12 August 2013

Rimmel Metal Rush


So, i'm pretty slow on the uptake with these, but I can admit these nail varnishes have escaped my attention until now! About a year after release! But, better late than never.

 The two I was drawn to are 60 Royal Blue, and 100 Pearly Queen. 

Now, I know these varnishes were released in line for autumn 2012... but I really don't think these are autumn colours at all. Firstly, for the varnishes to work to the best of their metallic/colour changing standard, I've found they need to have a hit of natural light. and, you know, England in the autumn... not much sun, at all. Even in fluorescent light the colour changing is hard to pick out unless you make the effort to wiggle your fingers in different directions to catch the light. I found myself raising my hand higher and higher towards the light to show my friends the effect of the nail varnish, even then they weren't that impressed. Until they saw the varnish the next day, in sunlight, that was when the magic of the varnish was noticed.



First off we have Pearly Queen. I LOVE this varnish. I was drawn to it's greeny, pinky, goldy colour automatically on the shelf in Boots. But i must admit, when it came to applying the varnish, i was somewhat disappointed in the coverage. One coat was sheer, and I personally think it took 3 coats of the stuff to get what seemed like a good coverage to notice the colour changing effect. Sometimes, things do look better in the bottle.

I didn't mind putting on 3 coats, as I had some spare time on my hands, but I don't know if I'll wear this varnish much, taking the time to apply 3 coats of varnish is draining. But the effect is nice. I may try wearing this varnish over a white base coat, this might make the colour stand out more. I think i'll try that...

 Royal blue... I LOVE LOVE LOVE this! One coat and i could see the duo colours of green and purple coming through strong, but again this was quite transparent, one more coat though and it was opaque and perfect. I love this colour, it reminds me of  iridescent beetles! Google them! It's just a beautiful colour, and I personally would enjoy wearing this colour more in the summer, it's not a winter colour at all in my eyes.

All in all, these are beautiful nail varnishes, and Rimmel varnishes are amazing, and these don't prove otherwise. For £3.99 each... you just can't complain. Well done Rimmel...

                                                                           XOXO





No comments:

Post a Comment