Loulubelle: Haul! - Makeup Revolution

Monday 29 December 2014

Haul! - Makeup Revolution

So I went on a bit of a makeup rampage the other day and popped into my local Superdrug who have only just started stocking Makeup Revolution! After pouring over every single piece in the collection for a long time, I came away with some little beauties!


After looking at the stand for what seemed like hours to some people but not enough for me ;) I found some promising products and tese were the products that caught my eye. And they photograph so beautifully Too!

First off is the Sugar and Spice ultra blush palette. There are 8 blushes in this palette, 6 matte shades and 2 shimmer blush. Now, the two shimmer blush (furthest away in the picture below) are beautiful but I would only usee the pink as an actual blush colour for the cheeks, and the purple blush, I would use as a cheekbone highlighter, basically because mauve coloured cheeks don't seem to be in fashion, yet! Out of the 6 matte blush, the two browns are perfect contours for the face. One light brown (second pan left row) for the coming up winter months, and one a darker brown (first pan, left row) which would prove very handy in the summer when the face is glowing with sun kissed tan.The other 4 matte blushes range from peach to dark pink, perfect for different makeup looks. Why not wear the peach for a healthy natural daytime glow, and then revert to the dark pink for a romantic evening meal? The combinations are endless. The perfect palette for travelling as well! The casing is lovely as well, it doesn't feel as cheap as some brands of makeup palettes do, and it comes with a decent sized, useable mirror on the case. The shades are wearable, not too out there but some just dare you to be creative and different. They have staying power and last the whole day. I'm in love with this palette, and at only £6 what's not to love about it!


The next palette I bought is the best dupe palette that I have seen. It's the Redemption palette Iconic 3 which as every beauty blogger knows is the dupe for the Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette. Now this palette is something else. It has all the colours and colour pay off that you would expect to see in the Naked 3 palette but for a fraction of the cost! In Superdrug, this palette cost me £4! How?! It's some sort of makeup trickery. But seriously, because this palette works so well, why would I want to spend £30 on something so similar? No brainer if you ask me!



Finally, I purchased their eyebrow kit which really is a good kit. With my red hair I find that a dark brown colour usually suits my brows, the dark brown in this four shade kit is a bit dark for my liking but the mid brown shade is a nice suitable colour for daytime brows, and if I want to vamp it up a bit i'll go for the darker brown. For this kit, I paid a modest £2.50! Bargain!

So if you want a cheaper alternative to an expensive makeup brand, or a quick wau to change your look from day to night in one palette I recommend you take a look at what Makeup Revolution has to offer you.

XOXO

1 comment:

  1. I've been wanting to pick up the Sugar and Spice Blush Palette, although I do agree with you on the purple shade, I would just use it as a cheekbone highlight as well!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete