Loulubelle: Snowy Winter Pine Cone Centerpiece

Friday 12 December 2014

Snowy Winter Pine Cone Centerpiece

Today, I thought we'd take an autumnal centerpiece that I created for the fall season and bring it up to speed and create a wintery centerpiece!

 You Will Need:- Pine cones 3 different height white pillar candles Large decorative bowl/plate silver spray paint white snow spray First off, I took a bowl, and a lot of baby pine cones that I picked up a few months ago on an autumn walk, and three white pillar candles. These alone made up my autumnal centerpiece as the natural autumn colours with the white candles made it stand out on a table. But to change these up to a winter style, I took some silver spray paint, and some snow spray to the little pine cones.
First, I laid out a black bin bag in a well ventilated area. (This meant going outdoors all cosied up in as many layers as I could find!) and spread the pine cones out evenly so I could spray them from all directions. First, I started with the silver spray and sprayed across all the pine cones, then turned them over to cover the other side. Then I left them to dry. I made sure to keep a little bit of the natural pine cone showing through. You don't want the pine cones looking artificial and fake... more snowy and magical ;)
After about half an hour, when the paint was still a bit tacky, i went over the pine cones with a light spraying of snow spray,
left that to dry then arranged the pine cones and the candles like so! I hope this gives you an idea for a christmas dinner centerpiece, or just a centerpiece for a coffee table, console or anything else requiring something just a bit special! See you soon!

Loulubelle

XOXO 

No comments:

Post a Comment